I'm one who loves a clean home and open windows. I've also blogged about organizing and cleaning ideas. But, today, I ask all of you: 'What are Your favorite Spring Cleaning ideas?"
Here are a few of mine:
- Windows: bucket of water with a few drops of blue Dawn dish washing liquid. Wet windows with sponge or rag and....use squeegie to clean very nicely. (do in shade - not full-sun)
- Rooms: Declutter. That makes ALL the difference. Dust and clean, vacuum etc. (You don't have to have all your decor out at once. Be selective as to things that are most uplifting to you. Box up or give others' away to charity. Someone else may love something that you no longer need.)
- Closets: Go through closets one item at a time. Have 3 containers handy - 1. Keep but store (winter items), 2. Give away (to someone else in need - if you no longer like, need, fit into), 3. Mend or Repair (only if you REALLY want to keep it and are really sure you'll mend or fix. Otherwise, it also becomes clutter.)
- Kitchen: Drawers (how many measuring cups do you really need?). Put things you rarely use on top shelves or in storage area. Keep things you use often closer to you. Sort out drawers and toss garbage, and give things away that you don't use. (often a simple paring knife will do most cutting, chopping jobs.) Nifty gadget may be 'cool' but...actually unnecessary and take up precious space.
1. We don't really need as much as we often have.
2. Clutter makes everything take longer. - A place for everything and everything in it's place.
4. Share. When our season is done with something we ought to provide it for someone in need.
5. Don't buy things you don't really need. "Bridle' yourself.
Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your labor for that
which cannot satisfy. 2 Nephi 9:51
6. Our journey is about setting our hearts upon the things of God and NOT on ANY material things. First Commandment. Everything He's given us is a stewardship to see how we'll use it. He asks us to use it to bless and help and strengthen others' and build up HIS Kingdom. Not our own
7. Be grateful for everything the Lord has blessed us with; His teachings and gospel.
8. KNOW that EVERYTHING is HIS. We are stewards. How are we doing with that?
What are Your BEST ideas?